Pages

Monday 24 March 2014

The Girl in Black with Purple Necklace

  "Thank you", I've heard as I walked into my room.
   I was confused. Who said that? I didin't recognise the voice. And it was impossible for somebody to reach my room, as long as the front room was locked.
   "Thank you very much", the voice said. Again. Where did the sound come from? "My life is amazing because of you" it said again, just to realise that the sound was coming from the big canvas from the wall. But it was not the same as I remembered.
   There was a girl with big blue eyes that was smiling at me. She blinked. How did it happen? Was it even possible?
   "What's going on here?" I asked.
   "Well, today is a big day" she answered me. "I finally decide to talk to you. You know? It's been two years and..."
   "Wait! Can you talk?! And how?!"
   "I can, but I don't know how I do it. It just... happens."
   "Umm... okay", I said. 
   "And I really wanted to thank you for creating me. When I first opened my eyes, two years ago, it was a beautiful night. I saw you sleeping. The lamp was turned on. Perhaps you fell asleep while reading."
   "Or perhaps I am dreaming right now, and all I have to do is to close my imagination's eyes and wake up", I said, while closing my eyes.
   1 second
   2 seconds
   3 seconds
   "Oh no. You're still here" I said, after opening my eyes.
    The girl in the picture was still smiling. Her purple necklace created a beautiful contrast with her black shirt. She was beautiful. When I painted her, I knew she was the girl I want to become one day. I breathed in. Then I breathed out and decided to leave the things like they were. Yes, I had a talking canvas in my room. And maybe that was a proof that miracles do exist. 
   "So, what's up?" I've asked her, feeling weird and amazed in the same time. 
   The moonlight came through my window, and it was announcing a beautiful and interesting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com